Monday, March 27, 2017

#6 Washing Your Curls

Now if you're like me, and you don't have much money to spend on high-quality salon shampoos and conditioners, there are many over the counter products that work just as well and are half the price.  I personally use Garnier Fructis Triple Nutrition shampoo and conditioner for dry and damaged hair. They both go for about five bucks and they are definitely worth it. Remember, your beautiful ethnic hair needs oil and moisture, so don't wash your hair every day. Once a week or even every two weeks is fine. Washing your hair every day can strip it of its natural oils and make your hair dry, crunchy, and unhealthy.
When it comes to over the counter shampoo and conditioners, always look for the ones that advertise for moisture and curly hair. When I wash my hair, I usually shampoo it twice, I then Apply a massive amount of conditioner and comb it through. If I have time, I put a shower cap on top of my conditioned hair and let it sit for about 15-20 minutes. If I plan on straightening my hair, I rinse out the conditioner and continue my routine as normal, otherwise, I keep it in whenever I am wearing my hair natural. This keeps my hair nice and smooth no matter how I wear it.

No comments:

Post a Comment