Thursday, February 23, 2017

#2 - Step One: Hair Type/Texture

The very first step to happy and healthy hair is finding out exactly what type of hair you have. There are approximately twelve types of textured ethnic hair. The first six types of hair (1A-2C) are more geared toward individuals with naturally straight or wavy hair. The next six types are usually deal with African Americans with kinky and coarse hair. Types 3A-3C are relatively curly, however, 3A is a think, full and looser curl. More of an "S" shape. Type 3B have a slighter tighter curl and Type 3C have tight corkscrew curls which are usually kinky and textured. Types 4A-4C are generally the extremely kinky hair textures. Type 4A is a soft, tightly coiled curl with a specific pattern and feel. However, type 4B is wiry with a less defined pattern, tighter coils, and more of a "Z" shaped curl/coil. Last, but not least, is type 4C. Type 4C is also wiry, however, there is usually very little, or no coil/curl pattern, and it is extremely coarse. I personally have type 4A. What hair type/texture do you have?

2 comments:

  1. I really like your background colors and how you are starting off with the basics and it seems like you are going to work your way up to the other stuff! My suggestion would be to add pictures. I had a hard time visualizing some of the hair textures!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really love the topic and I think you could help a lot of people. I also love the colors and setup of t=your blog. I think that the posts could be a bit more detailed and I would recommend adding some pictures that will help people visualize what you are talking about.

    ReplyDelete